There is no cross-certification for AYSO Regional Referees. AYSO Referees with a certification higher than Regional Referee may cross-certify to USSF.
- Complete both the AYSO/USSF Cross-Certification Agreement and USSF Referee Registration Form below,
- Obtain the appropriate AYSO signature, and
- Submit both forms with your check ($40 for USSF Referee Grade 8 or $45 for USSF Referee Grade 7 - Check payable to ISRC, NOT the USSF) to the following address (even though the form tells you to mail it to Prairie Ave., Chicago):
Illinois Soccer Referee Committee
1655 S. Arlington Heights Rd., Suite 207
Arlington Heights, IL 60005
Once you cross-certify, you are subject to all USSF Rules and Policies:
- All USSF Referees MUST complete a Recertification Clinic each year.
- In order to officiate any USSF-affiliated games for both youth (Illinois Youth Soccer Association--IYSA), and adult/amateur (Illinois State Soccer Association--ISSA), all USSF Referees MUST complete a Background Check each year at https://iysaverify.sportngin.com/register/form/424833026.
- In addition, USSF Referee Grade 7's MUST complete a Fitness Test and Maintenance Assessment each year for specified games.
USSF to AYSO CROSS-CERTIFICATION: There is no cross-certification for USSF Recreational Referee Grade 9. USSF Grade 8 Referees and higher may cross-certify to AYSO:
- Complete the AYSO/USSF Cross-Certification Agreement below.
- Obtain the appropriate AYSO signature and submit the form to the ISRC Office at the above address for the SRA's signature.
- All AYSO Referees MUST also complete an AYSO Volunteer Application Form each year (click below).
- No fees associated with cross-certifying from USSF to AYSO.
- Once the form is returned to you, submit it and your Volunteer Application Form to your local AYSO Region.
AYSO/USSF Cross Certification Form (Social Security # not required)