Read carefully for important 2015 changes!
Referee Requirements for 2015!! Grade refers to Referee Gr. NOT School Gr.!
- PLEASE WAIT FOR CLINIC NEAR YOU TO SIGN UP -- Will Post every week!!!!!
- ALL REQUIREMENTS below MUST be met in order to received your USSF Referee Badge!!!!!!
- PRIOR TO CLINIC (ALL Referees) - NO EXCEPTIONS: Please print, read, and follow instructions below BEFORE signing up for a Clinic (contact Office with questions):
- NEW Referees required to take "Referee Clinic - Entry Only".
- Referee Grade 7's (NOT school grade) required to take "Referee Clinic - Intermediate"...please wait for these to be posted.
- State and State Emeritus required to take "Referee Clinic - Advanced"
Registration Form - Use given name with nickname in parenthesis, ie. John (Jack). Fill out, print 2 copies, and bring one copy to clinic. Pay @ clinic (check-payable to ISRC, or cash-exact amount -- we do not accept credit cards). Fees posted with each clinic.
Background Check: ISRC's Risk Management Policy requires all Referees, 18 years or older and officiating any USSF-affiliated games (includes all Youth and Adult/Amateur games), to complete a background check every year. Information for Background Check MUST be same as information on your Registration Form. If not, may be asked to resubmit at your own expense. Anyone turning 18 during the year, must complete a background check on or before their 18th birthdate. Bring copy to class. MUST be completed before receiving USSF Referee Badge.
Concussion Awareness Course: One-time requirement! Bring copy of Certificate to your Clinic.
Due to increased awareness of concussions, there is now a mandate that all Referees complete the online concussion course. It takes less than an hour and there is no charge. The ISRC wholly supports the educational purposes of the concussion awareness requirement. Please be reminded that the assessment of any injury, including concussion-like symptoms to a player, is the responsibility of the coach/trainer associated with the team. MUST be completed before receiving USSF Referee Badge.
Clinic Schedule: Schedule your clinic. This is a 2-step process (create an account, then sign up for clinic). Will need information from specific clinic to sign-in for online portion of 1-day Entry Clinic.
- If signed up for the 1-day Grade 8 Entry Clinic with the online component, must complete all 17 Laws of the Game. Do not need if signed up for 2-day Classroom Entry Clinic.
- A Certificate of Completion MUST BE printed for each Law of the Game, and a copy brought with you to the Clinic to be admitted (will receive Certificate of Completions by e-mail after each Law), OR
- Click on GREEN HIGHLIGHTED BOX in upper right-hand corner that says "Completion criteria have been met". Click on box to open. Options are given to print Certificate immediately.
- May do at your own pace, but if you leave in the middle of a Law, must start THAT Law over when you resume.
- DO NOT WAIT UNTIL THE LAST MINUTE TO COMPLETE!! Takes approximately 3-4 hours!!!!!
Steps are listed below for Guestbook sign-in for Online Training Module:
- Click on first Law you wish to do and a window will appear to sign in as follows:
- First Name (use given name)
- Last Name
- Email (use one that is checked frequently to receive Certificates of Completion or make sure to print each Certificate at end of each law)
- State Association - Select Illinois
- Birthdate - Optional
- Check "Remember Me" if you do not want to have to log in each time you return to the site.